Collegiate Handbook - Steps to Graduation with Honors
To add a link to the left side, click in the white space below the existing links.Use the link builder in the toolbar to add a link. The page will automatically style the links. To edit colors, edit the html, and change #4c4c4c and #a12422 to the colors you want. Be careful removing existing links. Don't backspace too far, it'd be better if you edited the html.
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY FOR DANCE ARTS
CHAPTER SPONSOR HANDBOOK
Steps to Graduation with Honors
The Chapter Sponsor should complete the following steps to induct their students:
- Review all student records; document points and GPA and complete a Collegiate Graduation with Honors Rubric for each student. This is provided for the Chapter Sponsor’s use in determining when a student is eligible for induction. It is for the Chapter Sponsor’s records/files. You do not need to turn these in to NDEO.
- Make sure all students have been previously inducted into NHSDA. If they have not, see the above steps to student induction. All students must be inducted before receiving Graduation with Honors. It is recommended that these be spread out by a few semesters to allow students adequate time to complete the additional points and writing sample. However, if this is not possible, students who have met the requirements for Graduation with Honors may be Inducted and then immediately apply for Graduation with Honors. Regardless of the timing of the Induction and Graduation with Honors processes, the fee will apply twice as the student is sent two separate certificates.
- Log in to www.nhsda-ndeo.org to grant students Graduation with Honors status. Click on Control Panel. On the Control Panel, click NHSDA. On the next page, click Graduation with Honors. You will see a list of students who have applied for induction or were previously inducted. Check off their name if they have met the qualification for Graduation with Honors. Below the list of names, you will be able to add pins and cords to your order. Once you have added the correct number of pins and cords (optional step), click Save. You will be redirected to www.ndeo.org to complete your order and pay by credit card. If you are not automatically redirected, click the orange Make Payment button. You will need to log in with the Institutional Membership username and password for the NDEO website. If you do not have access to this information, you can call the NDEO Home Office at 301-585-2880 to pay by credit card, or send a check made payable to NDEO to National Dance Education Organization, 8609 Second Ave, Suite 203B, Silver Spring MD 20910.
- Determine how you will pay the per student Graduation with Honors fee. Will the school pay for it, or will each student contribute money? Payment can be made via credit card online or over the phone, or by sending a check. If using a check, please make ONE check payable to the NDEO home office for the total amount of all student induction fees. Certificates will not be sent until payment has been received.
- Decide how you will confer the Graduation with Honors. Will students be issued their certificates and honor cords at a public ceremony? If so, plan the event to allow plenty of time for students to receive the honor before graduation so that they can wear the honor cord at their graduation ceremony. Be sure that the date allows at least 3 weeks for the NDEO home office to print and mail the induction certificates. The Chapter Sponsor is encouraged to come up with a plan that meets the needs of the school as well as the desires of the students.
- When the certificates arrive, sign each certificate on the Chapter Sponsor signature line. You can hand out the certificates during the induction ceremony, or at another convenient time. Also, don’t forget to provide a list of the inductees to appropriate school personnel so that their induction will be noted in student transcripts or other records.