Jr/Secondary Handbook - Steps to Graduation with Honors
To add a link to the left side, click in the white space below the existing links.Use the link builder in the toolbar to add a link. The page will automatically style the links. To edit colors, edit the html, and change #4c4c4c and #a12422 to the colors you want. Be careful removing existing links. Don't backspace too far, it'd be better if you edited the html.
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY FOR DANCE ARTS
CHAPTER SPONSOR HANDBOOK
Steps for Graduation with Honors
The Chapter Sponsor should complete the following steps to grant Graduation with Honors to their students:
- Review all student records: document points and GPA and complete a Junior/Secondary Graduation with Honors Rubric for each student. You do not need to turn these in to NDEO.
- Confirm previous Induction of all Graduation with Honor Students: Make sure all students have been previously inducted into NHSDA. If they have not, see the above Steps for Induction. All students must be inducted before receiving Graduation with Honors. It is recommended that these be spread out by a few semesters to allow students adequate time to complete the additional points and writing sample. However, if this is not possible, students who have met the requirements for Graduation with Honors may be Inducted and then immediately apply for Graduation with Honors.
- Log in to www.nhsda-ndeo.org to grant students Graduation with Honors status. Please note that the students do not have to reapply on www.nhsda-ndeo.org for Graduation with Honors.
- Log in to www.nhsda-ndeo.org to grant students Graduation with Honors using your NHSDA username and password.
- Click on Control Panel just below your name in the top right corner.
- On the Control Panel, click NHSDA under the People tab in the Control Panel.
- Select Graduation with Honors from the menu on the right-hand side of the screen. You will see a list of students who have applied for induction.
- Adjust the date to correspond with the date set for the Graduation with Honors ceremony.
- If the students have not been inducted select how you would like to receive the induction certificate, Sponsor Print or NDEO print/mail.
- Click on the checkbox next to the names of students who have met the requirements for Graduation with Honors. Enter their points and GPA in the boxes provided. All students will receive a Graduation with Honors medallion and a complimentary sponsor-printed certificate
- Below the list of names, you will be able to add pins and cords to your order. Once you have added the correct number of pins and cords (optional step), click Save.
- If you are sure you want to grant Graduation with Honors for the selected students, click "OK" on the pop-up screen that appears.
- You will be redirected to www.ndeo.org to complete your order and pay with a credit card. If you are not automatically redirected to the NDEO site for payment, you will need to click the orange "Make Payment" button that will take you to the NDEO website and you will be automatically logged in. Once on the NDEO website, look in the top right hand corner, click on the drop down menu where you will see a link called Payment Due.
- Determine how you will pay the Graduation with Honors fees: Will the school pay for it, or will each student contribute money? Payment can be made via credit card online or over the phone, or by sending a check. If using a check, please make ONE check payable to the NDEO home office for the total amount of all student induction fees. Students will not be a Graduate with Honors until payment is received.
- Print the Graduation with Honors student’s certificates: the option to print the student’s certificate will appear after the induction fee has been paid. You also have the option of reprinting your student’s certificates.
- Log on to www.nhsda-ndeo.org to print certificates
- Click on Control Panel
- Click on NHSDA
- Select Print Certs
- Under the Maintain section, click the Printer Button
- A pop up screen will appear, click Next
- Another pop up screen will appear, pick the format you would like the certificate to be in and click Run Report
- A new tab will appear and you can print the certificates
- Decide how you will confer the Graduation with Honors: Will students be issued their certificates and medallions at a public ceremony? If so, plan the event to allow plenty of time for students to receive the honor before graduation so that they can wear the medallion at their graduation ceremony. The Chapter Sponsor is encouraged to come up with a plan that meets the needs of the school as well as the desires of the students.
- Sign each certificate on the Chapter Sponsor signature line: You can hand out the certificates during the induction ceremony, or at another convenient time. Also, don’t forget to provide a list of the Graduation with Honors students to appropriate school personnel so that it can be noted in student transcripts or other records.